Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, the URL or link from which you visited Our website, and how you interact with Our CRSM services.
- Purpose of collection: To load Our CRSM services accurately for you, to perform analytics on CRSM services usage to optimize CRSM services, to improve Our CRSM services, (in accordance with applicable laws and regulations) to measure and provide you with information or advertising relating to Our products or services, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect Our rights.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access CRSM services using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with Our processor Shopify, customer database Veevart, analytics providers including Google Analytics and Meta Business Tools, and advertising partners Google Ads and Meta’s suite of products (including Facebook Ads).
Order and customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: To provide products or services to you to fulfill Our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, to communicate with you, to provide you with updates you request, to screen Our orders for potential risk or fraud, (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, as applicable) to measure and provide you with information or advertising relating to Our products or services, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect Our rights.
- Source of collection: Collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with Our processor Shopify, customer database Veevart, shipping partner FedEx, email processor Mailchimp, and advertising partner Google Ads and Meta’s suite of products (including Facebook Ads).
Children Twelve and Under
Sharing Personal Information
- We use Shopify to power Our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- If you opt-in to receive updates from Us, We share Personal Information you provide in Our forms, including your name, email address and mailing address with Mailchimp to send emails. For more information about Mailchimp, you can visit their security and privacy page.
- We use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics and Meta Business Tools, to process your device information to help us optimize and improve Our CRSM services, to provide you with a more personalized experience while using Our CRSM services, and to measure and provide you with offers for Our products and services. For more information about Google Analytics, you can visit How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services – Privacy & Terms – Google. For more information about Meta Business Tools, you can visit The Meta Business Tools | Facebook Help Center.
- We use third-party advertising platforms, including Google Ads and Meta’s suite of products (including Facebook Ads), to measure and provide you with offers for Our products and services. For more information about Google Ads, you can visit Google Ads Data and Privacy – Google Safety Center and Advertising – Privacy & Terms – Google. For more information about the Meta suite of products, you can visit Facebook – Help – What are the Meta Products and Facebook – Help – Information for people who don’t use Meta Products.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information We receive, or to otherwise protect Our rights.
Using Personal Information
If you have provided Us with your email address, We may send you emails in order to inform you of events or activities that We believe may be of interest to you, or to alert you about sales or other promotional events at the Museum or Online Store. If you do not want Us to use your email address to contact you for these purposes, please email us and We will remove you from the list.
When you place an order through CRSM services, We will retain your Personal Information for Our records. We will otherwise retain your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit Our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. The information provided by cookies can also help provide you with more relevant advertising selected specifically for you or your device (for example, you may be provided advertising based on the websites you’ve visited before or preferences you’ve selected on Our website or other websites).
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies We use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of Our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
- For websites: the DAA WebChoices Tool, available at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, and the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Tool, available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- For mobile applications: the DAA AppChoices Tool, available at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices and Information on “limit ad tracking” settings for many common operating systems is available on NAI’s Mobile Choices page: https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies or changing the settings above may not completely prevent how We share information with third parties.
You may see internet-based advertising on Our website, but also on third-party websites using information collected about your present or past activity on Our website, which may result from cookies provided by third parties or from cookies provided by Us.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, We do not alter Our data collection and usage practices when We detect such a signal from your browser.
Security of Information Collected
We take reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide to Us from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Keep in mind that no method of information transmission can be 100 percent secure.
For more information about Our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact Us at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
American Airlines CR Smith Museum, 4601 Highway 360, Fort Worth TX 76155, United States
Last updated: 6/13/2022